Rachael Ray Waffle Week: Savory Waffles
For Waffle Week, Rachael Ray wanted us to think outside the box with some savory waffles that will let you have breakfast for dinner (or anytime!). Waffles don’t have to be sweet and syrupy, as these ideas show. Try her Bacon, Cheddar and Ranch Waffle or mix it up with Blue Cheese Biscuit Waffles.
An over easy egg completes this brunch offering. Buttermilk would make it extra tangy, but you could tone that down with milk of your choice. Chives, dill, and parsley, used here, are the spices blended into ranch dressing and will give you that familiar flavor.
Here’s a trick to melt butter: put the butter in a pot and let it sit on top of the waffle iron as it heats up. That way, the butter will be perfectly melted to brush onto the waffle maker before you pour the batter in.
Rachael Ray: Bacon, Cheddar and Ranch Waffle Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 lb Bacon
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 3/4 cup shredded Sharp White Cheddar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- chopped Dill
- chopped Parsley
- melted Butter
- chopped Chive
Rachael Ray: Bacon, Cheddar and Ranch Waffle Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Place bacon on a slotted broiler pan and bake until it gets crispy, 16-17 minutes.
- Let bacon rest so it’s cool enough to handle before chopping it up.
- Preheat a waffle iron on medium.
- Mix buttermilk and sour cream into the pancake mix.
- Add garlic powder and onion powder to the batter, along with herbs and pepper.
- Next, mix in bacon and cheese.
- Use melted butter to prepare the heated waffle iron.
- Ladle about 1/3 of the batter onto the iron and cook for approximately five minutes.
- Repeat this process with the remaining waffle batter.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter on medium low in a skillet.
- Cook the eggs in the skillet and top the waffles with them.