Rachael Ray: Top Chef Ambush
Chef Richard Blais of Top Chef ambushed expectant mother Lisa, who was shopping at Fairway. He brought her to Rachael Ray’s studio to make this delicious Chicken Thighs Recipe, which bursts grapes into the chicken saute to create a flavor explosion!
Rachael Ray: Richard Blais Juniper and Ivy
Richard Blais said that he loves kale, but some in the hipster community are saying that the trend has passed us by. Rachael didn’t think so, because kale was cool even when her grandfather was growing up.
He had one hour to surprise a shopper at the grocery store and throw together some ingredients in a hurry. Then it was time to cook up the chicken thighs, which are hard to overcook, unlike some other cuts of meat. They are also an affordable chicken option.
Juniper and Ivy, Blais’s latest restaurant, is opening in San Diego, California, in case you want to get his menu style without having to do the work yourself.
Rachael Ray: Richard Blais Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas & Kale Recipe Ingredients
- 1 bunch washed, chopped Kale
- 1 can drained Chickpeas
- Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 5 chopped Peppadew Peppers
- 6 bone-in, skin-on Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup seedless Grapes
- 1 sliced Yellow Onion
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Richard Blais: Rachael Ray Chicken Thighs Recipe with Chickpeas & Kale Directions
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on high heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken, placing it skin down in the pan.
- Sear for about four minutes before flipping.
- Add grapes while chicken cooks on the other side.
- Heat oil on medium high to high in a dutch oven.
- Saute kale and onion.
- Reduce head. Add capers with chickpeas and splash of stock; salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low until kale is tender, around 11 minutes.
- Next, add butter, lemon juice, cilantro and peppadews. Stir.
- Add grapes and cooked chicken in the dutch oven.
- Return chicken pan to heat and splash in some balsamic vinegar with stock to deglaze and scrape the bottom.
- Pour pan liquid over the kale with chicken.
- Spoon into bowls; salt and pepper before serving.