Rachael Ray: Valentine Red Velvet Waffle
Last year, Rachael’s fans loved her Red Velvet Waffle, so she made it special by preparing it with guest co-host Regis Philbin. It’s simple to “bake” cake batter in your waffle iron instead of the oven.
Rachael Ray: Regis Philbin Valentine Waffle
Pomegranate and strawberry are the perfect fruit toppings to complement the red color pattern. Then finish it off with the special touch of a cream cheese drizzle. Regis thought it looked so nice that he even pretended he would make it for his wife, Joy.
Regis also showed off some pictures of himself with Joy on Valentine’s Day, and it wasn’t long at all before he began referring to himself in the third person. Even Regis seemed to agree that Joy has aged much better than he has.
Rachael said she and her husband spend their Valentine’s Day night in, making carbonara. He buys her a variety of gifts, and she tends to just get him salami.
Rachael Ray: Red Velvet Waffle Recipe Ingredients with Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Cooking Spray
- 4 oz soft Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 cups sliced Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 cup Red Raspberries
- 1 tbsp Sugar
Rachael Ray: Red Velvet Waffle Recipe with Cream Cheese Drizzle Directions
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium high.
- Make the cake mix, following box directions.
- Spray heated waffle maker with cooking spray.
- Pour about half the batter (two cups) into the iron and cook about five minutes.
- Carefully remove the red velvet waffle.
- Combine drizzle ingredients, slowly whisking in the milk last. Reserve.
- Mix salad ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Top each waffle with a serving of salad and drizzle with cream cheese topping.