Rachael Ray: Waffle Week Kickoff
For the third year in a row, Rachael Ray celebrated another installment of Waffle Week, showing you how to get the most out of your waffle iron, that little-used appliance which most of us seem to have around. Check out Rachael’s Oat, Bacon & Pecan Waffles Recipe with Whiskey Maple Syrup.
Sadly, Rachael informed us that one giant waffle in the waffle iron is really four waffles. She also suggested making a little extra bacon, since you know you’re going to snack and sample it as you work.
Waffle Week so far seems to require a lot of butter (and bacon!), which can be a good thing. Do you have a favorite style of waffles or secret recipe? Keep checking back for more Waffle Week secrets and revelations from Rachael and friends.
Rachael Ray: Oat, Bacon & Pecan Waffles Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 lb Bacon
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted Pecans
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup toasted Oats
Bourbon Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 shot Bourbon
Rachael Ray: Oat, Bacon & Pecan Waffles Recipe Directions
- Heat your waffle iron on medium high.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cook bacon on a broiler pan to crisp for 16-17 minutes.
- Let cool before chopping.
- Whisk flours with baking powder, brown sugar, and salt.
- Stir in butter and milk. Add bacon bits, oats, and pecans.
- Whip egg whites into stiff peaks in a bowl.
- Gently fold egg whites into the batter mixture, half at a time, until fully combined.
- Prepare waffle maker and pour in about 1/4 cup batter per waffle square.
- Cook until waffles are brown and crispy.
- Combine syrup ingredients in a saucepan on medium low to medium heat until they bubble.
- Take syrup off heat and drizzle it over the pancakes.