Rachael Ray: Mexican Cashew Chicken Tostadas
Before you head out to your favorite Mexican restaurant for another night out complete with delicious food, consider making your own. Rachael Ray’s Mexican Cashew Chicken Tostadas can easily be considered better than restaurant-style, for a fraction of the cost. With her Saucy Cashew Salsa, you get just the bite you’re looking for, paired perfectly with the crunch of the crispy tortilla shells. I guarantee you won’t be able to eat just one! Plus, you can top your tostadas with the toppings of your choosing, to guarantee a perfect bite every time!
To get the recipe, click next page.
Rachael Ray: Mexican Cashew Chicken Tostadas Recipe Ingredients
For the Saucy Cashew Salsa:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red finger chili pepper or red jalapeno pepper
- 1 C toasted cashews
- 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce, Buffalo Tabasco, or Red Hot
- 1 lime
For the Chicken Tostadas:
- 1 small red onion – sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1-inch piece ginger – peeled, grated
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil – divided
- 2 jalapeno pepper – sliced
- 8 store-bought crispy tostadas or corn tortillas sprayed lightly with oil and baked until crispy
- 3 limes – 1 halved, 1 cut into wedges
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 2 large cloves garlic – chopped or grated
- 1 small yellow onion – chopped
- shredded iceberg lettuce or red cabbage
- cilantro leaves
Rachael Ray: Mexican Cashew Chicken Tostadas Recipe Directions
For the salsa, toast nuts and let cool. Process with remaining salsa ingredients and add water if necessary to make it thin enough to drizzle over the tostadas.
Juice one lime half into a small bowl and toss with red onions, salt and pepper.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Combine cumin, coriander, chile powder, ginger and garlic with half the olive oil and slather onto both sides of the chicken. Heat a cast-iron skillet, griddle or other large pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and cook chicken 3-4 minutes on each side; douse with juice of remaining lime half. Transfer to a board and thinly slice.
While chicken cooks, in another pan over high heat toss up the peppers and onions to tender-crisp in remaining tablespoon or two of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Pile chicken some cashew sauce/salsa, peppers and onions, lettuce or cabbage, cilantro pickled onions on the crispy tostadas and serve.