Rachael Ray: Regis & Joy Philbin Pasta Recipe
Regis Philbin co-hosted with Rachael Ray for a Valentine’s Day episode. His long-suffering wife, Joy Philbin, joined them on the set, and she brought along her Pasta a la Passion Recipe. Regis presented his wife with a bouquet of roses.
Rachael Ray: Joy’s Pasta a la Regis
Rachael said that when Regis started appearing on her show, a viewer wrote in to request a recipe she made years ago for the Live! audience. Now she has the chance to make it again, and she admitted that it was originally a completely improvised recipe.
She said it has gotten much easier over the years to find the ingredients already prepared. If you wanted to make it Pasta a la Regis, you could leave out the broccoli, which Regis picks out by hand when his wife makes this for him.
Rach said that ingredients like the wine and sun-dried tomatoes, as well as the heart-healthy ingredients and lightness, make this a romantic and potentially passionate dish.
Rachael Ray: Joy Philbin Pasta a la Passion Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Breast (in strips)
- 1/2 cup julienned, drained Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 lb cooked Bow Tie Pasta
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 tbsp chopped Basil
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Joy Philbin: Rachael Ray Pasta a la Passion Recipe Directions
- Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Saute chicken until it is cooked through. Wrap in tinfoil and reserve.
- Toss broccoli in olive oil to crisp and cook until just tender.
- Return chicken to the pan with basil, tomatoes, chicken broth, wine and red pepper.
- Salt and pepper. Add butter.
- Cover and simmer on low for five to 10 minutes.
- Take off heat. Toss pasta in the pan and stir.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.