Rachael Ray: Jacques Pepin Omelettes
Rachael Ray invited her pal Nate Berkus on her show so that he could attend Celebrity Cooking School. She teamed him up with professional chefs to teach him how to navigate the kitchen. Chef Jacques Pepin took on the task of teaching Nate how to make a Classic French Omelette, and now you can benefit from his lesson as well.
Though this omelette is prepared in a classic French style, using herbs, I prefer mine to be loaded up with more tasty ingredients, especially cheese! But if you are a purist or looking for a basic way to get the job done, this will work for you.
Rachael Ray: Jacques Pepin Classic French Omelette Recipe Ingredients
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1/3 tbsp Chervil
- 1/3 tbsp Chives
- 1/3 tbsp Tarragon
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Jacques Pepin Classic French Omelette Recipe Directions
- Beat eggs with herbs and salt and pepper, to taste, in a small bowl using a fork. Eggs should be fully combined.
- Melt butter on high heat in a skillet. Swirl butter and add eggs when butter foams.
- Hold the fork parallel to the pan surface and stir vigorously, shaking the pan using your free hand.
- Continue this stir and shake method until the eggs have spread out evenly.
- The eggs will still be moist in the center, so tilt the pan forward away from you. This will make the eggs settle on one end of the pan.
- Stop stirring. Use the fork to bring the thin side of your omelette toward its center.
- The omelet should be thin around its edges. Flip the lips from end to end, enclosing the moist center.
- Press down to seal the fold, creating a rounded edge.
- Use your fork to loosen the far lip of the omelette.
- Tap the pan with your free hand to gently shake the omelette, letting the lip rise over one edge of the pan. Roll it over to fold it neatly once again.
- Once the omelet is evenly folded, flip it out of the pan and onto your serving plate.
- This should result in an omelette that is moist and creamy in the center.