Rachael Ray: Taco Waffles?!?
I think Rachael Ray may have finally found the key to my heart with her Taco Waffle Recipe from Waffle Week. It’s full of flavors and ingredients I love! (If you want a healthy waffle maker idea, check out her Falafel Waffle Recipe.)
You could probably substitute another type of ground meat if you like. The spices are going to give it that unmistakable taco night flavor. Just make sure you let the meat fully cool before combining it into the batter. I’m still so excited that it’s possible to make these!
Rachael Ray: Huevos Rancheros Taco Waffle Recipe Ingredients
The batter for this would be a delicious corn waffle, even before you add the cheese, scallions, and meat. Taco Waffles would be a fun brunch menu item, and they get even better when you top them with over easy eggs and delicious taco fixings. In my world, a little Cilantro can make anything better.
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 package (1 1/2 cups) Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 2 sliced Scallions
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1 cup Pico De Gallo or Salsa
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
Rachael Ray: Huevos Rancheros Taco Waffle Recipe Directions
- Heat the waffle iron to medium high.
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan and heat to medium.
- Brown beef with cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, coriander, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Reserve and cool.
- Mix cornbread with milk, butter, and eggs in a bowl.
- Add cooled meat with scallions and Monterey Jack.
- Pour this batter into the waffle iron.
- Close the lid, cooking for about five minutes.
- Remove and serve with your choice of toppings.