Rachael Ray: Vegetarian Seven-Layer Burritos
Rachael Ray prepared a 30 Minute Meal from her Every Day magazine, a healthy dinner the whole family will love and can enjoy guilt-free. Check out her Vegetarian Seven-Layer Burritos Recipe.
She said you don’t have to tell your family there is no meat in this family if they are not vegetarian. They may not even notice because they will be distracted by the great taste and familiar flavors.
For extra smoky flavor, add some pureed Chipotles in Adobo Sauce to the refried bean mixture. Don’t stir too fast when you mix this or you could burn yourself. Do you prefer your meals spicy or mild?
Rachael Ray: Guacamole Recipe
Rachael’s seven-layer meal also includes a built-in Guacamole recipe, featuring red onion, avocado, and plenty of salt. Use lemon if you prefer that instead of lime. Acid over the onions combined with salt, creating the perfect medley of flavors.
Rachael Ray: Healthy Seven-Layer Burritos Recipe Ingredients
- 2 16-oz cans Spicy Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 2 tsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 chopped Red Onion
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 seeded, chopped Plum Tomatoes
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1 chopped Romaine Heart
- 1 cup chopped Pimento-stuffed Green Olives
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp ground Cumin
- 3 seeded, chopped Jalapeno Chiles
- 1 clove grated Garlic
- 2 peeled, pitted Avocados
- 1/3 cup chopped Cilantro
- 3/4 lb shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
Rachael Ray: Healthy Seven-Layer Burritos Recipe Directions
- Heat beans and stock with cumin and hot sauce on medium low for about 10 minutes, stirring till it’s warm.
- Combine half the onion and half the jalapenos with garlic and lemon juice.
- Salt this mixture and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Mash avocados into the mixture to make guacamole.
- Toss leftover jalapeno and onion with cilantro and tomatoes to create a salsa; salt.
- Cook tortillas on medium high in a skillet, about a minute on each side.
- Assemble a burrito by layering cheese, romaine, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and olives.
- Roll the tortilla into a burrito and repeat the steps.
- Cut burritos in half before serving.