Rachael Ray: Hailee Steinfeld
Actress Hailee Steinfeld was nominated for an Oscar at age 14 for True Grit. Now she is back on the big screen starring with Kevin Costner in 3 Days To Kill. She visited Rachael for the first time to make some scrumptious Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Caramel Cookies.
Hailee said she had happy memories of her first trip to the Academy Awards, but she was not shy about getting into the kitchen with her sweet and salty cookie for dessert. Like a lot of us, she can’t always decide between sweet or savory. Why choose if you don’t have to?
Hailee Steinfeld: Rachael Ray Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Caramel Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 3/4 cup melted Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 15 Rolo Candies
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg + 1 Yolk
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt
Rachael Ray: Hailee Steinfeld Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Caramel Cookies Recipe Directions
- Combine flour with salt, cornstarch, and baking soda in a bowl. Reserve.
- Whisk butter with sugars and get out all the lumps.
- Add the egg, followed by the extra yolk, and then vanilla.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together with a spatula.
- Add 1/2 the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough and chill for at least two hours, up to three days.
- Let dough soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats.
- Unwrap Rolos and prepare the last 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into about 30 balls (1 1/2 tbsp size)..
- Make a thumb impression in a dough ball and press the Rolo inside.
- Cover this with another dough ball and mound them together to secure the candy inside.
- Press down to flatten and add a few more chocolate chips on top; sprinkle with sea salt.
- Arrange seven to eight cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake in batches, 12-13 minutes each, no longer.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.