Rachael Ray: Pinwheel Steak Dinner
Grilling is not just for the summer. Even if you live somewhere that gets cold during other seasons, you can always use a grill pan to work indoors. Try this fun approach to steak dinner with Rachael Ray’s Grilled Pinwheel Steaks Recipe.
Skirt Steak is affordable and “very forgiving," which Rachael said makes it work well in fajitas or tacos, too. You may need a meat mallet to pound it to the same width all the way. Substitute your own favorite dark greens if you want. Try chilling the meat for a few minutes after wrapping it to make it easier to cut.
Rachael Ray: Grilled Pinwheel Steaks and Roasted Broccoli Recipe Ingredients
- 2 (about 1 1/3 lb each) trimmed Skirt Steaks
- 4 tbsp stemmed, chopped Rosemary
- 2 cups flat leaf Parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Lemons, zested
- 8 cloves Garlic (4 chopped, 4 sliced)
- 1 3/4 cups shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano curls
- 3 bundles Baby Broccoli (or use 2 large, trimmed Broccolini bundles)
- 1 seeded, sliced Red Mild Pepper
- Butcher Twine
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Grilled Pinwheel Steaks Recipe Directions with Roasted Broccoli
- Preheat oven at 425 F and heat a grill pan on medium high.
- Spread steaks on a flat prep surface and pound to an even thickness.
- Drizzle meat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Scatter half the lemon zest over the steaks (save the rest for grilling).
- Add rosemary, chopped garlic, and parsley to the steaks.
- Sprinkle Parmigiano shavings over the steaks next.
- Carefully wrap steaks and roll them into pinwheel shapes.
- Use butcher twine to tie these at the center and about an inch from each of the ends.
- Cut steaks into even thirds, for a total of six pinwheels, about 1 1/2" thick.
- Arrange broccoli florets with red peppers on a baking sheet.
- Toss these with sliced garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast about 16 or 17 minutes, until edges are crisp and veggies are tender.
- Brush the grill pan with oil and grill meat about eight minutes, turning once, or until cooked to your preference.
- Halve and grill lemons for two or three minutes, until caramelized.
- Douse grilled lemon juice over the cooked steaks.
- Serve with roasted broccoli as a side dish.