Rachael Ray: Healthy Mediterranean Diet Meal
Food is part of a healthy life, no matter what your goals may be. Rachael Ray admitted that it gets harder as you age, because your metabolism will change. But you can rely on Every Day with Rachael Ray to get “meals that embrace color and flavor, but that are largely based on the Mediterranean diet and they’re healthy meals.” Behold Rachael’s Grilled Chicken Cutlets Recipe, with a zucchini-corn salsa on butterfly chicken.
The acid in citrus juice starts to break down the meat, which means you don’t have to marinate it too long! What a great tip. Be sure to squeeze your lemons with the cut side facing up, so you don’t get seeds in your dinner.
Rachael Ray: Grilled Chicken Cutlets Recipe Ingredients with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 medium halved, seeded, diced Zucchini
- 1 tbsp chopped Thyme leaves
- 1 bunch Scallions (white parts only)
- 1 small seeded, chopped Red Chile Pepper
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 ears Corn (kernels removed from cob)
- 1 cup chopped fresh Herbs
- 4 cups Baby Arugula
- Shaved Pecorino Pepato
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Grilled Chicken Cutlets Recipe Directions with Zucchini-Corn Salsa
- Combine lemon zest and juice with half the portion of garlic.
- Add thyme and a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Preheat a grill on medium high.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, slicing them horizontally almost all the way through each piece, so that they open like a book.
- Pound butterflied meat into thin cutlets, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Toss each piece in the thyme marinade mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high. Brown corn in the skillet for four minutes.
- Add zucchini, chile pepper, scallions and the rest of the garlic. Season to taste using salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes to let soften.
- Add in butter, stirring to create a creamy sauce.
- Take off heat. Mix in tomato and herbs, stirring to combine.
- Grill chicken for a few minutes on each side.
- Place cooked chicken on serving plates.
- Top chicken with arugula and the zucchini-corn sauce.
- Garnish with shaved Pecorino Pepato before serving.