Rachael Ray: Spinach Burgers
Rachael Ray made her family’s Fork-and-Knife Burgers, served open faced. This time, she wanted to make Creamed Spinach Burgers, featuring plenty of tasty seasonings and delicious ingredients.
If you love spinach or spinach dip, this is a great way to bring that taste into your home cooking and add it as a part of your entree. Forming the burgers thin in the center makes for more even cooking. It also helps the end result to look flat and delicious.
Freshly grated cheese is a perfect complement to most of Rachael’s recipes, and this burger dish is no exception. The beef stock works like an au jus, and crispy fried onions aren’t just for Thanksgiving anymore. Check out this recipe!
Rachael Ray: Creamed Spinach Fork-and-Knife Burgers Recipe Ingredients
- 2 to 3 cloves grated Garlic
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- grated Nutmeg
- 16 oz chopped frozen Spinach (defrosted and drained)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 lb ground Sirloin
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup Beef Stock (or Consomme)
- 4 slices thick toasted White Bread
- Fried Crispy Onions
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Creamed Spinach Burgers Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium.
- Soften onion and garlic for about six minutes.
- Add the cream cheese to melt and stir in cream.
- Stir in nutmeg with salt and pepper before adding spinach.
- Once it’s heated through, add cheese.
- To make burgers, combine meat with salt and pepper, along with Worcestershire sauce.
- Form meat into four patties, thin in the center and thick at the edges.
- Cook burgers to desired temperature.
- Use beef stock to deglaze the pan, pouring it over the burgers just before taking them off the heat.
- Serve burgers open-faced on buttered toasted bread.
- Use some stock as a sauce to glaze, and top with creamed spinach and crispy onions.