Rachael Ray: Hearty, Bountiful Chili Dinner
To round out a Mardi Gras menu, Rachael Ray put together a special Fat Tuesday Chili Recipe, featuring a variety of delicious ingredients that friends and family will love! You can use beef chuck or pork shoulder in this dish, as long as you cut it bite-sized and brown it in small batches to give it great color and flavor.
The finishing touch here is the addition of Cheese Its as a garnish. Keep reading for all the delicious details.
Rachael Ray: Fat Tuesday Chili Recipe Ingredients
- 2 3/4 lb trimmed, cubed Beef Chuck (or use Pork Butt)
- 2 tbsp Gebhardt Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp ground Cayenne Pepper
- 2 chopped Green Bell Peppers
- 6 cloves sliced Garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped Thyme
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 15 oz diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 1/2 ribs chopped Celery
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 1 bottle room temperature Pale Ale
- 15 oz drained Red Beans
- Tabasco Sauce
- crushed Cheese-It crackers
- 2 1/2 tbsp Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Fat Tuesday Chili Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven on 325 F.
- Let meat come to room temperature.
- Dry before seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven on medium high.
- Brown meat, working in batches.
- Remove and reserve on a plate.
- Add butter to the pan grease and lower heat to medium.
- Mix dried spices and toast them for one to two minutes.
- Add celery, onions, garlic, bell peppers, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook about 11 minutes, stirring here and there.
- Stir in flour and let cook for a moment.
- Pour in Worcestershire and beer.
- Let reduce by half.
- Add stock with tomatoes, beans, and beef.
- Bring chili to a low boil.
- Cover and transfer to oven for 1 3/4 hours, until tender.
- Simmer chili on low, partly covered.
- Serve topped with scallions, Tabasco, and Cheese-Its.