Rachael Ray: Deviled Burgers with Pretzel Buns
Ever since finding them at Whole Foods, Rachael Ray has become obsessed with Pretzel Rolls. You can find them in many places, and they are great for meals like her Deviled Burgers Recipe topped with Onion Rings.
“This dish is based on something I loved when I was a little kid,” she said, dipping pretzel sticks into deviled ham. “The real flavor is in onion juice,” she said, reminding us to grate the onion over the bowl of meat to get all the juices into the mix as well.
The sweet heat of Sriracha Ketchup will add a fantastic flavor to everything on your pretzel bun.
Rachael Ray: Deviled Burgers Recipe with Onion Rings Ingredients
- 1 peeled, thick sliced Vidalia Onion (or use Maui)
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 3 tbsp grated Onion
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- chopped Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 lb ground Sirloin
- 1 tbsp Smoked Sweet Paprika
- 2 cloves grated Garlic
- 2 tbsp Brown Mustard
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 4 Pretzel Rolls
- Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Deviled Burgers with Onion Rings Recipe Directions
- Let onions soak in buttermilk and chill for about 10 hours.
- Heat oven on 250 F.
- Heat 2” of oil to 350 F.
- Mix flour with cornmeal and toss the onion rings in this.
- Fry in hot oil for about three minutes, until golden.
- Salt and pepper the onion rings. Let drain on paper towels.
- Keep them warm in the oven while you prepare the burgers.
- Combine sirloin with spices, garlic, mustard, grated onion, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Make it into four evenly sized patties, thinner at the centers.
- Heat a skillet on medium high.
- Mix ketchup with Sriracha in a small bowl.
- Brush a small amount of water over the pretzel buns and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Warm buns in the oven about five minutes; split them in half.
- Cook burgers for about eight minutes in the skillet, turning just once.
- Serve burgers on lettuce, topped with onion rings and spicy ketchup.