Rachael Ray: David Venable
Rachael Ray: David Venable Spiced Bacon Skewers Recipe Ingredients
It doesn’t get much easier to make a delicious bacon snack. Not much is better than bacon, and no one will complain when you jazz it up with spices and sugars. If you love the smell of bacon, you will enjoy trying this recipe.
Since these will be hot when they come out of the oven, try eating them off the skewers like you would with corn on the cob or ribs. I agree with Rachael: this would be a great edible stocking stuffer, if only it wouldn’t get your stocking greasy.
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Cloves
- 1 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 3/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 lb trimmed Applewood Smoked Thick-Cut Bacon
David Venable: Rachael Ray Spiced Bacon Skewers Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 375 F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment.
- Spray a wire rack using cooking spray and place it over the baking sheet.
- Use 15-20 skewers for this, about 8” long each. (If wooden, soak them first for half an hour in water.)
- Combine sugars with cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg, and cloves in a bag. Shake well until mixed.
- Thread one bacon slice on each skewer, like ribbon candy. Make sure the bacon is spread out on the skewer to ensure even cooking.
- Place each skewer into the sugar mixture bag to get it nicely coated on each side.
- Arrange skewers on the sprayed wire rack over the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the bacon.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, until browned and crisp. Turn the bacon over about halfway through cooking time.
- Serve hot immediately after cooking.