Rachael Ray: Classic Chicken Sauce
Rachael Ray said you can always use her recipes as jumping-off points and customize them using your own ideas. She said that people can never seem to get enough of the classic Chicken Parmigiana Recipe, so here it is again.
“The trick to this sauce is that you want the pan to be over medium-low heat,” she said. If you get it too hot, the onion will brown and it won’t get the sweetness that you want.
Also, be sure to season the breadcrumbs to sneak some added flavor into the finished product. Though this meal can be rich, it’s nice to indulge yourself every now and then.
Rachael Ray: Chicken Parmigiana Recipe Ingredients
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 28-oz cans Italian Tomatoes
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breast pieces
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped Thyme
- 1 tsp granulated Garlic
- 1 lb Thin Linguini
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- Basil leaves
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 sprig chopped Rosemary
- 1 tsp granulated Onion
- 2 tsp grated Lemon Zest
- 2 Eggs
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Chicken Parmigiana Recipe Directions
- To make the sauce, heat oil on medium.
- Melt butter and stir in onions with garlic.
- Salt and cook, partly covered, to soften.
- Add stock with tomatoes, mashing them.
- Add basil. Reduce heat and simmer about 25 minutes, partly covered.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and pound them thin.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine both types of breadcrumbs with Parmigiano, granulated onion and garlic, lemon zest and herbs.
- Set up bowls of flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 200 F.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high.
- Heat tomato sauce.
- Boil a pot of salted water and cook pasta to al dente.
- Coat cutlets in flour-egg-breadcrumbs, shaking off excess at each step.
- Fry in batches for three minutes per side.
- Keep fried chicken warm in the heated oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with sauce, Parmigiano, and a basil leaf.
- Drain pasta and toss it with half the sauce.
- Serve in bowls with cheese, as a first course or side.