Rachael Ray Waffle Week: Anytime Waffles
For Waffle Week, Rachael Ray created some savory waffles you can have at any meal! Try these Blue Cheese Biscuit Waffles or get her Bacon, Cheddar and Ranch Waffle Recipe. (But there’s more than one way to make Chicken & Waffles!)
Here, buttermilk would make things more tangy, but regular milk would be more mild. Dill is not required in the herb mix, but it would help to give you a tangy ranch type of taste. Blue cheese crumbles make it taste like the dip you would serve with chicken wings. Yummy!
If you don’t feel like dealing with a rotisserie chicken, slice up a couple of cooked chicken breasts to give you the protein you will need to top this off in a tangy and satisfying way. Rach recommends Frank’s Hot Sauce, but you can choose your own favorite
Rachael Ray: Blue Cheese Biscuit Waffles Recipe Ingredients with Buffalo Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Biscuit Mix
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup chopped Herbs (Chives, Dill, Parsley, for example)
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- chopped Celery leaves
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cooked Chicken (use rotisserie or breast)
Rachael Ray: Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Biscuit Waffles Recipe Directions
- Preheat the waffle iron on medium.
- Whisk onion powder, herbs, garlic powder, and pepper into the biscuit mix.
- Instead of water or milk, use buttermilk in the mix, following the box directions for the biscuits.
- Add lemon zest, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- Use melted butter to prepare the waffle iron.
- Pour the dough into the hot iron and cook about seven minutes, until browned.
- Heat hot sauce on the stove with two tablespoons of butter and Worcestershire sauce.
- Once it bubbles, toss in the chicken and heat it through.
- Remove biscuit waffles from the waffle iron and top with chicken.
- Garnish with celery leaves.