Rachael Ray: Custom Bloody Mary Bar Ideas
Rachael Ray’s husband, John, always knows how to whip up amazing drink recipes, and his Bloody Mary Recipe is no different. Rachael was calling it a Bloody Johnny, so feel free to call it that if you plan on asking for this drink while standing in front of a darkened mirror. Johnny had a slightly different take on the Bloody Mary, instead opting to create a Bloody Mary bar with an array of different garnishes. After you whip up the base drink in a pitcher, the work is done as you let your guests choose which ingredients they want to garnish the drink with! Here are the simple ingredients you need for this recipe:
Rachael Ray: Bloody Mary Recipe Ingredients
- 1 48-ounce bottle of Spicy Hot V8 vegetable juice
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of prepared horseradish (to taste)
- 13 (or more) dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 2 ounces of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of celery salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper (freshly ground)
- Vodka and/or Tequila
Don’t miss the directions on the next page:
Rachael Ray: Bloody Mary Recipe Directions
- Mix together the Spicy Hot V8 Vegetable Juice, lemon juice and zest, lime juice and zest, horseradish, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, freshly ground black pepper, and your liquor of choice into a pitcher and shake it to combine. Chill in the refrigerator.
- To make a cocktail, combine 1 1/2 ounces of your liquor with some of the bloody mary mix in a collins glass filled with ice.
- Stir the drink and garnish it with any of the following: celery rib, olives, lemon and lime wedges, pickled veggies, fresh cilantro sprigs, seedless cucumbers, hot peppers.
- You can also garnish it with all of those if you are feeling especially adventurous. It’s your drink, so feel free to get as creative as you want with it!