Rachael Ray: Waffle Week Bagel Dogs
For Waffle Week, Rachael Ray has been making mostly savory waffle recipes, and one of her final contributions was a super sized version of Big Pigs in Waffle Blankets, which could also be compared to bagel dogs. If you want something sweet, check out Rach’s Red Velvet Waffle Recipe.
Rachael Ray: Custom Pigs in a Blanket
It couldn’t be much easier, and you should be sure to customize the filling toppings with whatever you like to eat on your hot dogs.
In the old Yankee Stadium, there was no relish or chopped onions, so Rachael said she used to have to smuggle in her own. Those days are over, and now the toppings are provided for her, so she doesn’t have to pack ahead.
There are also a variety of options when it comes to the meat your hot dogs are made from, so you can even customize the type of dog to your preference.
Rachael Ray: Big Pigs in Waffle Blankets Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb Pizza Dough
- 4 tsp Ketchup
- 1/2 cup shredded Yellow Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Relish
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 4 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 diced Red Onion
- Cooking Spray
Rachael Ray: Big Pigs in Waffle Blankets Recipe Directions
- Turn on your waffle iron to preheat it.
- Roll dough into a circle on a flour-dusted prep surface.
- Divide dough into eight pieces.
- Stretch each dough section to a circle with the circumference of a hot dog.
- Line ketchup and mustard in the middle of each dough circle.
- Add red onion, relish, and cheese to each dough circle.
- Lay hot dogs on top of toppings, wrapping and rolling dough around the dogs.
- Press around the edges to help properly seal the dough.
- Working in batches, cook pigs in a waffle iron to golden brown, about seven minutes.