Rachael Ray: Haylie Duff Party Appetizers
Haylie Duff hung out with Rachael Ray to make some of her favorite party appetizers, like her bacon-wrapped dates recipe (I can vouch that they’re tasty) and stuffed mushrooms. You can get more of Haylie’s recipe ideas in her brand new book, The Real Girl’s Kitchen.
Rachael Ray: Haylie Duff’s Bacon-Wrapped Dates Recipe Ingredients
If you don’t like a strong blue cheese, try using a gorgonzola. These are also sometimes known as Devils on Horseback.
- 24 Dates
- 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup room temp Blue Cheese
- 1 lb Bacon
Haylie Duff: Rachael Ray Bacon-Wrapped Dates Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice dates in half, about 3/4 down.
- Combine cream and blue cheese in a bowl, using a fork.
- Press some blue cheese into the center of each date and close it.
- Cut each bacon slice in half.
- Wrap a half slice of bacon around each date.
- Secure bacon in place using a toothpick.
- Arrange bacon on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes.
Rachael Ray: Haylie Duff’s Sausage & Thyme Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Ingredients
Haylie also loves stuffed mushrooms, which are easy to spice up with jalapenos and sausage. Duff said she also loves to incorporate fresh herbs as often as possible. Rachael said pecorino is tangy while parmesan is nutty, so they work well together.
- Button Mushrooms
- 1 Jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped Thyme
- 1 link Sausage
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Cheese
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
Haylie Duff: Rachael Ray: Sausage & Thyme Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wipe each mushroom with a wet towel to clean them.
- Remove and reserve mushroom stems.
- Take sausage out of its casing and heat it on medium in a skillet, until it begins to break up.
- Remove the sausage from the pan.
- Chop jalapeno pepper with the mushroom stems.
- Combine sausage with stems, pepper, cheeses, thyme, lemon juice, and egg yolk.
- Arrange mushrooms on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Stuff mushrooms with the sausage filling.
- Bake 20 minutes.