Rachael Ray: Curtis Stone
Guest co-host Curtis Stone made dinner for Rachael Ray. There was plenty to enjoy in his dish of Roasted Cauliflower, Broccoli and White Cheddar Pasta Bake. Also think about his Sticky Toffee Ice Cream for dessert.
Rachael Ray: Curtis Stone Cauliflower, Broccoli & White Cheddar Pasta Bake Recipe Ingredients
It’s hard not to love macaroni and cheese, but when you add in vegetables, it also becomes nutritious. Even the kids can agree on this one. Whether you make your own breadcrumbs or get them store-bought, it will turn out great.
- 1 head cored Cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 1/2 cups Penne
- 1 fine chopped Yellow Onion
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup coarse Multigrain Breadcrumbs
- 18 oz Broccoli Florets
- 4 oz chopped Pancetta
- 1 tbsp fine chopped Thyme
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 1/4 cup shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Curtis Stone: Rachael Ray Cauliflower, Broccoli & White Cheddar Pasta Bake Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 400 F, with racks in the top and center positions. Oil a baking dish.
- Toss cauliflower in olive oil with salt and pepper. Spread it on the a baking sheet.
- On a second baking sheet, toss broccoli with olive oil. Bake both trays for 10 minutes.
- Shake the trays, rotate them, and switch racks. Then bake for another 10 minutes. Set the vegetables aside, but leave the oven on.
- Boil a large pot of heavily salted water on high heat and add penne. Cook about seven minutes, until tender but firm. Drain the pasta.
- Heat olive oil on medium in a heavy pot and cook pancetta until browned and crisp, around four minutes. Add onions with thyme. Cook about two minutes, stirring now and then, until onions are tender and just starting to brown.
- Sprinkle flour over the onions and stir another minute.
- Slowly add in cream with milk. Turn up the heat to medium high and simmer. Reduce to medium low, stirring often, for around four minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Take off heat and melt in cheddar cheese; salt and pepper.
- Fold vegetables and penne into the cheese sauce.
- Spread this mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Toss breadcrumbs in a bit of olive oil and sprinkle this over the veggies.
- Bake around 10 minutes, until crumbs turn golden.
- Let rest for five minutes before serving.