Rachael Ray: Carson Daly on Dealing with The Voice Losers
Carson Daly is stepping into the kitchen with Rachael Ray but he is letting her do all the cooking. While she cooks, the host of The Voice tells the audience his favorite part about working on the show and he explains how he deals with the highs and lows of the families he brings backstage with him.
Carson Daly Shuffleboard Champion
Carson Daly and Rachael Ray also head over to a shuffleboard court where they compete against each other for prizes for the audience.
Rick Bayless Perfect Margarita Recipe
Rick Bayless is also stopping by the show to share his perfect margarita recipe for the summer. Check out the recipe below and let us know if you enjoy it.
Rick Bayless Perfect Margarita Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Sauza Tres Generaciones tequila
- 2 1/2 cups limonada (1 cup fresh lime juice mixed with 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 1/2 cups water)
- 1/2 cup Torres orange liqueur
- 1 lime wedge
- Coarse salt
- 6 cups ice cubes
- In a pitcher, combine the tequila, limonada and orange liqueur. Cover and refrigerate for about two hours until chilled.
- Use the lime and salt to crust the rims of eight 6-ounce martini glasses. Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice and pour in a generous amount of margarita mixture. Shake and strain into two of the prepared glasses.
Rachael Ray Chipotle Sweet Potato & Chorizo Quesadillas Recipe
Rachael Ray Chipotle Sweet Potato & Chorizo Quesadillas Ingredients
- 1 large sweet potato, about 1 pound
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 pound chorizo, casing removed and thinly sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Peel and cube potatoes, place in a sauce pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, salt water and cook to tender. Drain and mash with stock, lime zest, chipotle, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- For fresh chorizo, in a large skillet, brown and crumble then drain. Wipe out skillet and return to heat over medium-high flame.
- Drizzle pan with oil and spread around or spray with cooking spray. Char tortilla on first side and flip, cover half with some sweet potatoes, chorizo, cheese, cilantro or parsley leaves and scallions. Fold tortilla over and turn a couple of times to melt cheese. Cut into wedges and serve. Pass salsa and sour cream for topping.