Rachael Ray: Paula and Bobby Deen Take Over the Kitchen
Rachael Ray invited Paula and Bobby Deen on her show and I don’t think she knew they were going to take over her kitchen. For the entire hour, Bobby Deen and Paula Deen bogart the kitchen to whip up some of their favorite recipes, like a chicken caesar stuffed bread pizza recipe and a chicken fried steak with cream gravy recipe.
Paula Deen on Slimming Down
While those recipes above probably aren’t the best recipes for anyone on a diet, Paula Deen has still been able to lose weight and she has the tips that will help you do the same. One of the main topics she will be covering is how you can prevent your loved ones from sabotaging your diet without hurting anyones feelings.
Paula Deen and Bobby Deen Question and Audience
Before they leave, Rachael Ray turns her audience loose on the two chefs and allows them to ask any type of question they want. Have you ever wondered what it was like growing up with Paula Deen? You can find out during the show.
Rachael Ray Chicken Caesar Stuffed Bread Pizza Recipe
Rachael Ray Chicken Caesar Stuffed Bread Pizza Ingredients
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk, optional
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 heads escarole, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 4 pizza shells with the middle lightly scooped out, lightly toasted
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, shredded
Rachael Ray Chicken Caesar Stuffed Bread Pizza Directions:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, Dijon, anchovy paste, pepper, Worcestershire, egg yolk and extra virgin olive oil. Stir in cheese.
- Pour half of the marinade over the chicken and cover. Let stand 30 to 60 minutes.
- Shake off excess dressing and sauté in a hot skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Thinly slice when done cooking.
- To the same skillet, add escarole and wilt it down. Add remaining dressing and toss to coat. Reduce heat and let the greens cook up a bit.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Fill bread shells with some greens, and top with chicken and grated provolone and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake pizzas until brown and bubbly.
Bobby Deen Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Gravy Recipe
Bobby Deen Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Gravy Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1 percent milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Hot sauce to taste
- 3 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons The Lady’s House Seasoning
- 4 cube steaks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For The Lady’s House Seasoning
- 1 cup of salt
- 1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Bobby Deen Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Gravy Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pour the flour onto a plate. In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk, egg and a few dashes of hot sauce. Place the corn flakes, seasoned with 1 teaspoon of the House Seasoning, on a second plate.
- Season the steaks with the remaining 1 teaspoon House Seasoning. Dredge them in flour, patting off any excess, then dip them into the egg mixture. Finally, dredge them in the crushed corn flakes, pressing lightly to help the flakes adhere.
- Place the steaks on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops of the steaks lightly with extra cooking spray. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small cup, mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of the beef broth and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. In small saucepan, combine the cornstarch mixture with the remaining beef broth and the half-and-half. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Let the gravy boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Season generously with pepper and serve the steaks smothered in the gravy.
For The Lady’s House Seasoning
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Makes 1 1/2 cups