Rachael Ray: Sunny Anderson’s Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
On Rachel Ray July 2 2013, Sunny Anderson paid us a visit and showed us one of her favorite recipes, her Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla, a great dish to cook up on the grill!
Rachael Ray: Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Recipe Ingredients
- 3/4 cups of hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons of butter (unsalted and melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano (dried)
- 1 thinly sliced stalk of celery with the ends removed and discarded.
- 1 shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 ounces of blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Olive oil to be used for brushing.
- 12 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- For Dipping: Ranch Dressing and Blue Cheese
Rachael Ray: Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Directions
For The Filling
- Put together the butter, celery, dried oregano, hot sauce, and chicken in a large bowl and mix them. Then, combine them into six equal parts.
- In a large bowl, combine you cheeses. Then, separate them into 12 equal parts.
- Add some olive oil to one side of each tortilla.
- On a wire rack or platter, place six of the tortillas oiled-side down.
- On the top side of the tortillas, add a layer of cheese blend, a layer of one serving of chicken, followed by another layer of cheese blend.
- Add another tortilla on top with the oil side up.
To Grill The Quesadillas
- Warm a grill up to medium-high heat.
- Put the prepared quesadillas directly on the grill, and grill each side until char marks begin to show on the tortillas. Grill each side for about 6 minutes each.
- Before removing from the grill, make sure the cheese in the tortillas has melted.
- Serve the quesadillas while they are still warm. Add chilled dressing on the side for dipping.