Kelly & Michael Truckin’ Amazing Cook-Off: Sunflower Truck Stop
Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan welcomed the second contestant in the running for the $20,000 grand prize in their Live!’s Truckin’ Amazing Cook-Off, George Bieber (No relation to Justin Bieber).
Beiber, the owner of The Sunflower Truck Stop Mobile Cafe from Pottstown, Pennsylvania, along his roast sweet potato quesadilla with quinoa recipe. He also explained a little about his truck saying they don’t only make healthy food. He has a rotating menu that is always changing and he can be found near all the farmer’s markets in Pottstown.
You can vote for your favorite food truck recipe at Kelly and Michael’s website which also enters you into a contest to win a $500 gift certificate to Omaha Steaks.
Roast Sweet Potato Quesadilla with Quinoa Recipe
Roast Sweet Potato Quesadilla with Quinoa Ingredients:
- 3 pound Sweet Potato
- 2 Cup Quinoa, cooked per package instructions
- 1/2 Cup whole raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 4 Cup Cheese, freshly grated Monterey Jack
- 1 Cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 12 Tortillas
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 cup Salad greens
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Place pumpkin seeds on a sheet pan and toast in oven for 5 to 10 minutes checking at 5 minutes for doneness and stir so they evenly toast. After cooking, set them aside and allow them to cool.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and place in oven to roast. Check after 30 minutes to check doneness. Depending on the size of your potatoes they may need more time. Roast until soft and a knife passes easily thru potato. Allow to cool to touch then remove skins and place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Stir in quinoa, pumpkin seed, Monterey jack and queso fresco. Set aside.
- Mix sour cream and cumin together. Set aside.
- Preheat a griddle.
- On a surface arrange 6 tortillas and spread a large spoonful of the sweet potato mixture on each tortilla. Top with a second tortilla to form a quesadilla.
- Brush the grill with a small amount of oil and place tortillas on the griddle making sure not to crowd them. When they are toasted flip and toast the other side. Remove.
- Serve with cumin sour cream, salsa, and salad greens.
Jason Miller Reveals New Haircut
Jason Miller, the man who had his 27-inches of virgin hair cut on the show today, revealed his new haircut and came out to collect his $700.
He said he loved the new haircut and I think Kelly Ripa fell in love too. She couldn’t stop gushing over how handsome Miller is. She kept telling him he should be a model.
Oh, and Michael’s tip for him was don’t spend it all in one place.