Michael Strahan: ‘People’ Magazine Shoot
Before we headed to the kitchen with Michael Strahan, we got a behind-the-scenes glimpse at his shoot for People Magazine. Channing Tatum may be the Sexiest Man Alive, but Michael was a close second in his Magic Mike themed shoot. Michael tried out a few different looks, including a sexy construction worker. As he warmed up on stage, the clothes began to come off; at the end, it was just Michael, his construction boots, and of course, his signature gap!
For more sexy men and Michael Strahan, pick up the Sexiest Man Alive issue of People.
Michael Strahan’s Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
With Kelly as his sous chef, Michael showed the audience how to make his sugary and delicious Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows. It’s pretty decadent, but hey, it’s the holidays! Earlier on Live’s Thanksgiving Family Recipe week, we learned Kelly’s Autumn Squash Soup, and Michael’s fiance, Nicole Murphy’s recipe for Pumpkin Pudding Crunch. Let’s get started on Michael’s Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe.
- 8 Sweet Potatoes, already baked and peeled.
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 stick Melted Butter
- 3-5 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Milk
- Mash baked and peeled potatoes in a large bowl. Then add vanilla, butter, brown sugar, orange juice, and finally, milk. Mash together until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour one thin layer of sweet potato into your baking dish, then add a layer of marshmallows. Continue by adding one more layer of sweet potato, topping with cinammon.
- Bake until hot at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and add one more layer of marshmallows, then bake again until topping is golden brown.
- Top finished casserole with a drizzle of maple syrup and toasted pecans.