Joey Fatone: “My Family Recipe Rocks” on Live Well Network
Former member of popular boy band N*Sync, “Dancing with the Stars” alum, and television host Joey Fatone stopped by “Live With Kelly” on August 2 to discuss his brand new cooking show, “My Family Recipe Rocks,” on the Live Well Network. On the show, Joey will drop in on the kitchens of every day people who feel that their family recipes are good enough for television! Joey said the show is great because it features real people, not professional chefs.
Joey Fatone: Chicken with Edamame over Brown Rice Recipe
Joey shared a recipe for Chicken with Edamame over Brown Rice from Manny and Adrian Muniz of West Palm Beach, Florida, who are originally from Brooklyn, New York. Let’s get started on the great family recipe that is featured on Joey’s show!
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Ginger
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Grass
- 1 Pound Chicken
- 1 Package 16 oz. Frozen Edamame Beans
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 16 oz. Rice
- Add the onions, garlic, peppers and oil in a hot pan to sautee.
- Add chicken and then add the corn starch, soy sauce, and sesame oil to create a nice, thick consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the edamame beans (which Kelly called “the world’s most perfect food!”).
- When the chicken/vegetable mixture is fully cooked, serve over steamed brown rice.
That’s it! For more quick and easy homemade recipes, check out “My Family Recipe Rocks!” on Saturdays on the Live Well Network. You can also catch Joey on the upcoming All-Star season of “Dancing with the Stars,” in which he will go head-to-head with Nick’s brother (and 98 Degrees band mate), Drew.