Live With Kelly: Grilling with the Stars
On the popular “Live With Kelly” summer segment Grilling with the Stars, celebrities appear to teach the hosts– and viewers– how to make one of their favorite grill recipes. At the end of the summer, the recipe with the most votes will win $25,000 for the charity of that celebrity’s choice, plus the coveted “Mirror Weiner” trophy!
All summer long, we’ve learned some great summer recipes from a host of stars: first, “Melissa & Joey” star Joey Lawrence shared his healthy Fish Tacos. Then, we learned a healthy vegan dish from actress Marilu Henner, and “Sister Act” star Raven-Symone made Divine Honey Lime Grilled Tuna. Singer Ashanti stopped by to make Pineapple Chicken Skewers. And finally, Caroline Manzofrom the “Real Housewives of New Jersey” taught the hosts how to make her famous Short Rib Sliders.
On “Live With Kelly” July 13, actress Kristen Johnson appeared with her recipe for a great, simple Summer Steak Salad. Kristen, best known for her role on the sitcom 3rd Rock From the Sun, is currently the star of the TV Land comedy “The Exes.” The actress is competing for the Slam NYC charity.
Kristen Johnston: K Jo’s Summer Steak Salad
Ingredients (for Marinade)
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup each Oil & Water
- 1 tbs each Fresh Garlic, Sesame Seeds, Chopped Onion & Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 tsp each Granulated Garlic, Sesame Oil, Onion Powder & Ginger Powder
Ingredients (for Dressing)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Dijon Mustard
- To make the easy marinade, simply mix all the ingredients into a large bowl– that’s it! Place any steak of your choice into the bowl, cover, and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Prepare a bed of lettuce (Kristen and Kelly both like arugula) and the dressing in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the lettuce. Then grill your steak, let it rest for 15-20 minutes, and then slice and place on top of the salad. Top with some red onion slices and toasted pine nuts. Enjoy!
Be sure to vote for your favorite Grilling with the Stars recipe on the “Live with Kelly” site for a chance to win a summer prize package and even some cash!