Cat Cora: Around the World in 80 Plates
Cat Cora is an accomplished chef, and is now the host of “Around the World in 80 Plates” with fellow chef Curtis Stone. Cat described the cooking competition show as Top Chef meets Amazing Race meets Survivor. Today, Cat brought a recipe from Thailand, one of the many exotic locales on the show. She loves Thai food because it is full of flavor, yet light and healthy. Check out Cat’s recipe for Thai Chicken Spring Rolls below.
Cat Cora Thai Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe
Ingredients – Vinaigrette
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbs Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine
- 2 tbs Sugar
- 1 tbs Black Sesame Seeds
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Ingredients – Chicken Rolls
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 Cups Thinly Sliced Cabbage
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 4 Scallions
- Sautee the chicken breasts in a little bit of hot oil, about 3-5 minutes. When they are done, shred into small pieces with your fingers and place into a large bowl.
- Add all the remaining vegetables and the vinaigrette. Toss together.
- To make the rolls, buy rice paper wraps, which are easily found in most grocery stores. You will need to soak them first in a bowl of warm water, about 30 seconds, until they become pliable.
- Then, simply place onto a cutting board, spoon some of the filling in the wrapper, and then wrap up like a burrito, folding the corners in first. That’s it!
Find this recipe, plus other Thai-inspired dishes, on the Live With Kelly site. Also watch Around the World in 80 Plates on Bravo, Wednesdays at 10 p.m.