Kelly & Michael: Martina McBride
Country star Martina McBride stopped by Live! With Kelly & Michael, but she wasn’t there to perform a song. She came by to share a dessert recipe with Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan. I think it’s great when people share their other passions. McBride is actually currently nominated for a CMA Award for Female Vocalist of the Year, which is amazing. She’s clearly on the top of her game right now. She’s on tour and her new cookbook Around the Table is available now. She’s on a roll.
Recently, Kelly talked about how she got McBride’s cookbook over the weekend and how beautiful it was. She said that she hadn’t cooked anything from it yet, but she felt full just from looking at it, which is a vey big compliment. She was really inspired by it and thought she was going to cook from it, but instead she drank a cup of coffee and looked at the pictures.
Kelly & Michael: Martina McBride Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
They were making a pumpkin gingersnap cheesecake. I really love all things pumpkin and it’s fall now, so this recipe is perfect right now. It looked really good too. How does McBride have time to cook when she’s on tour? She loves to cook and does it every chance she gets when she gets home. They try to sit down for dinner as a family whenever they can.
McBride assured Kelly & Michael that she’s a messy cooker, so they got really into it. While they were cooking, Kelly also offered to be a backup singer. The recipe is actually fat free, but you have to refrigerate it over night, so Kelly said not to tell your kids about it. They tried it and it was delicious.
- 2 cups crushed Gingersnap Cookies (30-40 cookies) & extra for garnish
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream (for serving)
- Crushed toffee bar
Martina McBride: Kelly & Michael Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake Recipe Directions
- Crush up ginger cookies.
- Put them in a food processor with brown sugar and pulse it.
- Pour in melted butter and pulse it again.
- Put it all in a pan with a piece of parchment paper on the bottom and press it all down.
- Put it in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Crack the eggs.
- Put cream cheese and sugar together.
- Add the spices.
- Add the eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Add heavy cream.
- Add the pumpkin.
- Once it’s mixed, pour it on top of the crust.
- Put it in the oven at 350 F for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate it overnight.
- Dress it with whipped cream, ginger snaps, or whatever you like.
Check out the video here: