Kelly & Michael: Sweet & Savory Crunchy Brussels Sprouts
Kelly Ripa was tasked with the year’s Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe, and she showed off what the veggies look like when growing on the stalk. Her recipe was sweet, savory, and crunchy, which are three great words to describe food.
Ripa said that everyone likes her Brussels Sprouts recipe, which she slices up in the food processor first. She also called walnuts the official nut of Thanksgiving. Strahan was fumbling to assist Kelly in the kitchen, but she said “this is so easy, even I can do it.”
Kelly and Michael: Thanksgiving Family Recipe Week
To kick off this year’s Thanksgiving Family Recipe Week, Nicole Murphy prepared her Cornbread Chicken Apple Sausage Stuffing Recipe. Last year on the show, Gelman was the one making a Spicy Brussels Sprouts Recipe.
Also from last year, there was Apple Sausage Stuffing, Squash Soup, Sweet Potato Casserole, and Pumpkin Pudding Crunch. It’s not too late to use our Thanksgiving Pinterest Board to help plan your own menu for this year.
Kelly & Michael: Kelly Ripa Sweet & Savory Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe Ingredients
In case you want a wine pairing for your Brussels Sprouts, Michael Gelman recommended a Sauvignon Blanc. The craziest thing that Ripa said is that she does not like to eat the turkey at Thanksgiving, so she adds protein to her sprouts in the form of chickpeas. Dried cherries are her secret sweet and tart ingredient.
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts
- 2 lb trimmed, sliced Brussels Sprouts
- 3/4 cup dried Cherries
- grated Pecorino Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Shallots
- 1 tsp chopped Thyme
- 15 oz drained, rinsed Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Kelly Ripa: Kelly & Michael Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe Directions
- Toast walnuts for around five minutes on medium heat in a skillet.
- Remove and reserve the walnuts.
- Warm oil on medium high in the pan.
- Once it’s hot, add Brussels Sprouts, thyme, shallots, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for two to three minutes, until the sprouts wilt.
- Take off heat. Add cherries, walnuts, and chickpeas.
- Toss the ingredients together. Add pecorino and transfer to a bowl for serving.