Good Morning America: Chef Marcus Samuelsson
Samuelsson wants to inspire people to get into the kitchen. “Cooking is liberating. If you know how to cook, you know how to bring your family together. You know how to save money. You know how to stay healthy,” he said.
Good Morning America: Marcus Samuelsson Orange-Fennel Salad Recipe
- 2 bulbs cored, sliced Fennel
- Juice and segments of 2 Oranges
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- 2 cloves thin sliced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Fennel Seed
- 1 bunch chopped Frisee Lettuce
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine all ingredients except frisee in a bowl and toss them together.
- Add in the frisee and toss again until everything is combined. Serve.
Good Morning America: Marcus Samuelsson Lipstick Cobbler Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp ground Cardamom
- 6 tbsp cold cubed Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine
- 2 cups Raspberries
- 3/4 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 cups Dried Sour Cherries
- 2 cups hulled, halved Strawberries
Marcus Samuelsson: Good Morning America Lipstick Cobbler Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 400 F and prepare a baking sheet using parchment paper.
- Make the biscuits. Combine flour with sugar, baking soda, cardamom, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in butter using your hands and form a coarse meal consistency.
- Work in buttermilk to form the mixture into a dough.
- Divide dough into 10 portions and shape each into a 2” round. Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet and bake about 15 minutes, until golden. Let cool.
- Make the fruit filling. Split the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds; reserve the pouch.
- Combine seeds with lemon zest, honey, and cornstarch. Reserve.
- Bring wine to a boil on medium heat in a saucepan.
- Whisk in honey mix and add vanilla pod; turn heat to low.
- Cook and stir about two minutes, until it thickens.
- Add fruit with 1/2 cup brown sugar, cooking about three minutes to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from heat and discard vanilla pod.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Cut five biscuits in half. Arrange the halves with cut sides facing up in the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon berry filling over them. Crumble remaining biscuits on top.
- Add the rest of the brown sugar and bake 15 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Let cool before serving at your preferred temperature.