Good Morning America: Stanley Tucci
Tucci and Lara Spencer cooked this dish outside GMA’s Times Square studio as the crowd oohed and aahed behind them. Tucci knows that food is something that forms bonds between friends and family. There is something meaningful about sharing a meal, isn’t there?
Tucci noted that 25% of the profits from his cookbook, assembling favorite family recipes, benefit the Food Bank of New York. You can see Tucci on the big screen in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1, opening November 21 2014.
Good Morning America: Stanley Tucci Pancetta Prosciutto Pasta Recipe Ingredients
Optionally, you can add some egg yolks at the end of the dish, after you toss things together off the heat.
- 1 lb Fettuccine
- 1 fine chopped Shallot
- 2 cups diced Pancetta
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup thawed Frozen Peas
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1/2 clove sliced Garlic
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- 3 tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- chopped Parsley
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Stanley Tucci: Good Morning America Pancetta Prosciutto Pasta Recipe Directions
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil to cool the fettucine to al dente.
- Heat olive oil on medium in a saute pan. Toss in garlic with onion and shallot, cooking five minutes to tenderize.
- Remove the pan contents and save them for later.
- Cook pancetta in the pan on medium high to render fat; meat should become golden and crispy.
- Halfway through, add prosciutto.
- Return vegetables to the mixture and add 2 tablespoons of stock, stirring everything together and cooking two minutes.
- Add peas and the rest of the stock, cooking two more minutes.
- Drain pasta and save 1/2 cup of starchy cooking water.
- Toss pasta and sauce on medium heat in the pan.
- Take pan off heat and toss with Parmigiano, parsley, salt and pepper; use reserved water to help bind the noodles and sauce. Serve immediately.