Good Morning America: Rachael Ray
Talk show host and cooking pro Rachael Ray is kicking off a ninth season of her daytime talk show on Monday, September 15. Good Morning America’s Lara Spencer will be a frequent guest this year. Rachael visited with Lara at GMA to preview the new season and share a recipe for Chorizo and Potato Tacos.
Michael Strahan, Tony Gonzalez, and more familiar faces will be guests on the show this year. Rachael also announced that her show wants to give back this year, with the goal of raising enough money to give nine million meals to those in need.
You can also watch Rachael Vs Guy: Kids Cook Off Sunday nights on Food Network.
GMA: Rachael Ray Chorizo and Potato Tacos Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lb lean Ground Turkey (or use Ground Pork)
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp Mexican Oregano
- 2 or 3 peeled, diced Russet Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 16 charred, warmed Corn Tortillas
- 3 or 4 tbsp Canola Oil (or use Olive Oil)
- Salt & Pepper
- chopped Giardiniera Peppers
- Parsley and/or Cilantro
- chopped Yellow or White Onions
- Lime wedges
Rachael Ray: Good Morning America Chorizo and Potato Tacos Recipe Directions
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Puree chipotle with garlic and vinegar.
- Add this to meat and mix in spices.
- Chill for several hours or overnight as flavors meld. This makes what Rachael called Turkey Chorizo.
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Brown and crisp potatoes for about 11 minutes.
- Let potatoes drain on a paper towel-lined plate; salt.
- Brown meat and crumble; serve meat from the skillet when it’s ready.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl.
- Arrange your choice of toppings in small bowls or a toppings bar.
- Assemble tacos using your favorite options.
- Serve with black beans and rice.