Good Morning America: Gail Simmons
Gail Simmons from Food & Wine magazine hung out with the Good Morning America crowd for some back to school recipe ideas. Tired of packing the same old stuff in your kids’ lunches? You can give them healthier homemade snacks they will love instead of sugary snack packs and juice boxes. Check out her Outrageous Pretzel Bars Recipe and Acai Super Smoothie Recipe from GMA.
For more tasty treats, see Gail’s Slow Cooker Meatballs & Tangy Ranch Dip Duo Recipes.
Good Morning America: Outrageous Pretzel Bars Recipe
- 14 ounces Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, dark
- 4 cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 2 cups Pretzels, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract & 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 sticks Butter & 3 melted tablespoons
- 3/4 cup Sugar & 1 tablespoon
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven at 350.
- In a pan, mix milk and 1/2 the chocolate chips on low, until melted.
- Remove and add 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla. Let cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix Flour, Baking Soda and Salt.
- In a larger bowl, beat two sticks Butter, Brown Sugar, and 3/4 cup Sugar on medium for about a minute.
- Add eggs and remaining Vanilla. Beat until Flour is just mixed.
- Finally, add remaining Chocolate Chips.
- Place dough evenly in a prepared, lined baking pan.
- Mix Pretzels and melted butter with a tablespoon of Sugar.
- Spread reserved Chocolate over dough. Top with pretzels.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes, until dough sets and pretzels are browned.
- Let cool before serving. Cut into desired number of bars.
GMA: Acai Super Smoothie Recipe
- 3.5 ounces Unsweetened Acai Puree, frozen
- 2 Bananas
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1 cup Berries, frozen
- 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
- Using a blender, combine ingredients until mixed to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.