By Kathryn DeNicola
Cat Cora iPad App
Cat Cora, the only female Iron Chef, stopped by Good Morning America to share a salad recipe using grilled avocados. Cora says she loves recipes that involve a grill because everything comes together at once.
Cora also has a new iPad app called “Cat Cora’s Kitchen.” This app uses new technology and features a measurement converter, scheduler, recipe formatter and grocery list tool. The app is $7.99
Grilled Avocado Cobb Salad Recipe With Fruit Dressing
This recipe for Grilled Avocado Cobb Salad with Apricot Dressing is simple and good for you. Cora says to use avocados that are firm because they work better for grilling.
Cat Cora says you can add anything you like to it – turkey bacon, egg, sun-dried tomatoes or a light cheese. Cora recommends feta cheese because it’s four grams of fat lighter than blue cheese.
For more great grilling recipes, check out Live With Kelly‘s Grilling With The Stars series.
Ingredients – Avocados
- 3 large Avocados
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Lime Juice
Ingredients – Fruit Dressing
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup fruit preserves
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
Ingredients – Salad
- 8 cups Lettuce of choice
- 1 cup Tomato
- 1 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled & peeled (separate yolks from whites & chop)
- 6 slices Turkey Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese crumbles
Directions – Avocados
- Preheat or light your charcoal grill.
- Season Avocados with Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper.
- Place on the grill and cook for a few minutes, until marks are visible.
- Gently flip Avocados and grill the other side.
- Remove from heat, top with Lime Juice and let cool before serving.
Directions – Salad
- Whisk dressing ingredients to combine.
- Toss the lettuce in dressing mixture.
- Plate individual salad portions. Top with Avocado slices, tomatoes, egg mixture & remaining ingredients.