Good Morning America: Buzzfeed BBQ Food Mash Ups
Buzzfeed and Good Morning America came up with some fun ways for us to play with our food, and this time the theme was barbecue. Try this Rachel Sanders recipe for Chili Mac & Cheese Fries.
This meal idea takes traditional chili cheese fries to the next level with the addition of macaroni and cheese. Yum! For more ideas, get Pimento Cheeseburger Corn Dogs and 7-Layer Taco Potato Salad Dip.
Good Morning America: Buzzfeed Chili Mac & Cheese Fries Recipe Ingredients
If there’s one thing missing from this recipe idea, I’d say that it is condiments. You could easily drizzle the chili mac and cheese fries with condiments such as mustard, BBQ sauce, or ranch dressing. Don’t be afraid to play with your food here!
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 15-oz can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1/2 chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp powdered Cumin
- 1 15-oz can drained, rinsed Kidney Beans
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 bags (approx. 50 oz total) frozen French Fries
- 1 tbsp minced Chives
- 1 box stove top Mac & Cheese
Buzzfeed: Good Morning America Chili Mac & Cheese Fries Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven at 450 F (or whatever temperature is indicated on the French fries package.
- Heat a saucepan to medium high.
- Saute garlic with beef and onion, using a wooden spoon to stir.
- Once meat is browned and onions become soft, add chili powder with oregano and cumin.
- After cooking another minute, stir in beans and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to medium low, and simmer about half an hour, stirring now and then.
- Bake the fries according to package directions as the chili cooks.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to the box directions as well.
- Divide fries among serving plates.
- Spoon chili and macaroni on top.
- Garnish with chives and serve with forks since this will be messy.