Good Morning America: Buzzfeed Breakfast Menu
Good Morning America worked with the team from Buzzfeed to reinvent breakfast by putting together some favorite items with creative combinations. Try Emily Fleishaker’s Breakfast Wafflebrown Sandwich.
Fleishaker is creative director and food editor for Buzzfeed Life. She studied at New York’s French Culinary Institute and thinks no sandwich is complete without potato chips. For more clever morning meals, get a Breakfast Lasagna Benedict and Coffee Cake French Toast.
Good Morning America: Emily Fleishaker Breakfast Wafflebrown Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
This sandwich uses hash browns as the bread for your breakfast sandwich. I love the idea! Apparently I was not the only one, because this recipe received the most votes from GMA viewers.
- 8 strips Bacon
- 16 thawed Frozen Hash Browns
- 4 Eggs
- 8 slices American Cheese
- 2 tsp Canola Oil
- Cooking Spray
Emily Fleishaker: Good Morning America Breakfast Wafflebrown Sandwich Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven at 400 F and prepare a baking sheet.
- Arrange bacon slices on a baking sheet and cook about 15-20 minutes, until crisp.
- Let bacon cool three minutes before moving to a plate.
- Preheat a waffle iron on its highest setting.
- Spray the iron with cooking spray and arrange waffle irons inside, stacked two high.
- Close the lid and let hash browns cook about 10 minutes.
- After cooking, place a cheese slice on each ‘waffle.’
- Heat a teaspoon of canola oil in a skillet on medium.
- Crack two eggs in a pan, cooking them separately.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook around three minutes.
- Once eggs are done, place them on one of the cheesy waffles.
- (Repeat steps with remaining eggs and oil.)
- Place two slices of bacon on each of the four egg-topped waffles.
- Place a second cheese waffle, cheese facing down, on top to make a sandwich.
- Serve with ketchup.