Good Morning America: Countdown To Thanksgiving
Wolfgang Puck visited Good Morning America with a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and the pressure oven you can use to put it all together. Try Sweet Potato Puree or learn how to make Roast Turkey in about an hour.
GMA: Wolfgang Puck Cranberry Relish Recipe
Verjus is a vinegar alternative made from unripened grapes.
- 2 cups fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Verjus
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce to simmering.
- Cook to thicken until berries look glazed.
- Store refrigerated in a sealed container until ready to serve.
Good Morning America: Wolfgang Puck Sweet Potato Puree Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp minced Parsley (or use Chives)
- 2 lb scrubbed Whole Sweet Potatoes
- 4 oz Unsalted Butter, in chunks
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- pinch of Ginger
- 1 tsp chopped Thyme
- Salt & White Pepper
Wolfgang Puck: Good Morning America Sweet Potato Puree Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven at 350 F.
- Spread hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast for about 11 minutes.
- Transfer toasted nuts into a kitchen towel. Fold the towel over them and rub to remove skins.
- Set nuts aside to cool, while discarding the skins.
- Chop cooled nuts in a food processor (or use a sharp knife).
- Turn oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Poke a few holes for venting into the sweet potatoes. Bake about 45-60 minutes, until very soft.
- Let cool enough to handle after baking.
- Halve each sweet potato lengthwise, and remove the insides to a food mill (using fine blade) or food processor.
- Puree sweet potatoes and add cream, brown sugar, nutmeg, 4 tbsp butter, cinnamon, and ginger. Beat well to combine; salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl and keep sweet potatoes warm by placing the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Place the rest of the butter in a saucepan on medium. Melt and swirl to lightly brown it. Take off heat and add hazelnuts with thyme.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to a serving bowl and top with hazelnut butter to serve.