Good Morning America: Valerie Bertinelli Cookbook
Bertinelli talked about her role on Hot in Cleveland, saying she liked shooting the show and they are six episodes deep into filming the next season. She also talked about losing 40 pounds on Jenny Craig. As for the cookbook, it has many different recipes ranging from healthy recipes to indulgent recipes with many of the recipes coming from all over the place, one even being a recipe her ex-husband’s grandma made, Grandma Van Halen.
Good Morning America: Valerie Bertinelli’s Grilled Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 to 14-ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped (use pieces with skin only)
- 1/4 cup pearl barley
- Coat a grill rack with oil and preheat the grill on high for 5 minutes. Rub a little oil all over the chicken breast and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and grill the chicken, over direct heat, with the cover closed, until cooked through, turning once, about 12 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring the broth and bay leaf to a simmer in a medium saucepan, then turn off the heat, cover, and set aside.
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a small saucepan and salt the water. Add the carrot, celery, and zucchini and return to a boil. Cook until just tender, for about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Fill the same small saucepan with 1/2 cup fresh water, bring to a boil, add salt, and cook the barley according to package instructions, until tender. Drain and rinse.
- Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and slice. Reheat the broth if necessary. Discard the bay leaf.
- Spoon the vegetables and barley into serving bowls, then add the hot broth and chicken.