Good Morning America: Trisha Yearwood Homemade Apple Dumplings
Good Morning America invited Trisha Yearwoood, wife of Garth Brooks and accomplished country music herself, to show them how to cook up some delicious Southern food. The first recipe she made, apple dumplings, was so easy she said she taught her niece, who is in college, how to make it. And of course Garth Brooks likes her cooking.
She also cooked up one of Brooks’ favorite breakfast foods, a breakfast bowl, complete with eggs, bacon and pasta. “Garth created this breakfast bowl because he wanted something really hearty,” said Yearwood. “He’s the first person I ever met who puts pasta with eggs and bacon, but it works, and it tastes great!”
Get the recipes for both these dishes below. If you like these recipes, be sure to try more of Trisha Yearwood’s meal ideas:
GMA: Trisha Yearwood Apple Dumplings Recipe
Good Morning America invited Trisha Yearwood on the show to make her homemade apple dumplings recipe and a breakfast bowl her husband Garth Brooks loves.
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 canned buttermilk biscuits
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice the apples vertically into 8 slices each. Squeeze the lemon into a bowl of water and add the apple slices to keep them from turning brown.
- In a medium saucepan, mix 1 cup water, 3/4 cup of the sugar, the butter and vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Wrap a biscuit layer around a slice of apple, stretching the biscuit slightly to overlap, and seal on the bottom. Make sure to seal tightly. Place the wrapped slices, sealed-side down, in a 9 by 12 by 2-inch casserole dish. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the apple slices. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over the tops of the wrapped apples. Bake until golden brown, 35 minutes.
Good Morning America: Garth Brooks Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 9-ounce package cheese and roasted garlic tortellini
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 2½ cups)
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and scramble the eggs.
- In a separate large skillet, cook the hash browns.
- In a third large skillet cook sausage until browned.
- Drain off the excess fat. Transfer the sausage to a bowl. Cook the bacon in the same skillet. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Cook the tortellini last. Layer a large bowl with hash browns, sausage, bacon, tortellini, eggs, and cheese.
Tagged as:garth brooks breakfast bowl recipegood morning america apple dumplings recipegood morning america breakfast bowl recipegood morning america dumplings recipeTrisha Yearwood Homemade Apple Dumplings RecipeTrisha Yearwood Homemade Apple Dumplings Recipe good morning americaTrisha Yearwood on good morning americatrisha yearwood recipes on good morning america