Good Morning America: The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Florentine Pasta & Olive Cheese Bread
Ree Drummond, whom many know as The Pioneer Woman through her blog, was a city girl who took in the country life through time on a ranch with her family. Today, she showed us her chicken florentine pasta recipe and her olive cheese bread recipe. These types of recipes are apparently a hit, because Drummond’s Food Network TV series, Pioneer Woman, is in its fifth season.
GMA: Chicken Florentine Pasta Recipe Ingredients
Ree Drummond said that this recipe is a country twist on an old pasta favorite of hers. She said that this recipe doesn’t go over too well with her husband and boys, so it might be a good idea for a mother/daughter night!
- 8 ounces penne
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 half stick (4 tbsp.) Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3/4 cups dry white wine
- 3/4 cups low-sodium broth, more if needed
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 cup red grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup yellow grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved
Good Morning America: Chicken Florentine Pasta Directions
- Cook pasta according to package directions in lightly salted water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks (about 1″ pieces) and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Melt Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken chunks in a single layer and do not stir for a minute or two in order to allow the chicken to brown on the first side.
- Ree cooks her chicken in an iron skillet.
- Turn the chicken and brown on the other side.
- Cook until done, then remove chicken from the skillet.
- Add the red onion and the garlic and stir to cook, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour in wine and broth, stirring to deglaze the pan.
- Allow the liquid to bubble up, then continue cooking it until it’s reduced by at least half.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, chicken, and cooked pasta to the skillet.
- Toss to combine; the spinach will wilt as you toss everything.
- At the end, toss in the feta and the Parmesan.
- Serve with extra Parmesan shavings.
GMA: Olive Cheese Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 6 ounces, weight Pimiento-stuffed Green Olives
- 6 ounces, weight Black Olives
- 2 stalks Green Onions (scallions)
- 1 stick Butter, Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3/4 pounds Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
Good Morning America: Olive Cheese Bread Directions
- Roughly chop both black olives and pimiento-stuffed green olives.
- Slice green onions into thin pieces.
- Combine butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl.
- Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture onto French bread that has been sliced lengthwise.
- Bake at 325ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning.
- Mixture can also be refrigerated (up to two days) and used as a dip. Great with crackers.