Good Morning America: Tracy Pollan
Good Morning America’s Ali Wentworth paid a visit to Tracy Pollan’s kitchen, where the actress and cookbook author learned about her family cooking traditions. Try the family’s Signature Salad or Nirvana Bars. Plus, get a Citrus Chicken Recipe.
The Pollans are the authors of The Pollan Family Table, featuring recipes that have a special meaning to the family. Her mom and sisters love food as much as she does. Some have been passed down over the years, while others are more contemporary.
Sister Dana said that anyone can learn how to cook. Don’t let it be intimidating. Start slowly and attempt just one meal a week, one of the sisters suggested.
Good Morning America: Pollan Family Signature Salad Recipe Ingredients
The book features the family’s Pollan Signature Salad, which is featured at every family gathering.
- 6 oz Mesclun (or use mixed Baby Greens)
- 1/2 cored, thin sliced Bosc Pear
- 1/2 cup chopped Caramelized Walnuts
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Raspberry Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Tracy Pollan: Pollan Family Signature Salad Recipe Directions
- Combine dressing ingredients in a glass jar or mixing bowl.
- Place the lid on top and shake well to mix everything together.
- For the salad, put your greens in a large bowl.
- Toss greens in half the dressing.
- Mix in walnut with pear. Add additional dressing to taste.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
Good Morning America: Pollan Family Nirvana Bars Recipe
- 6 tbsp melted Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 14-oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 9 crushed Graham Crackers
- 1 cup chopped raw Walnuts
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven at 350 F and prepare a 9” pan with parchment.
- Mix butter with graham cracker crumbs and salt.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Add a layer of chopped nuts, then semisweet chips, white chocolate chips, and dark chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle coconut over the top and pour condensed milk in an even layer.
- Bake about 25 minutes, to golden brown. Let cool before cutting into bars.