Good Morning America: Pollan Family Cookbook
Despite working full time while raising a family, Pollan family matriarch Corky insisted that everyone have family dinner together every night, a tradition the kids have now carried on in their own families. Tracy said she learned along the way how difficult it can be to assemble a book.
“We had so much demand from just our close friends,” she said, that they decided to publish a book instead of constantly emailing the recipes on demand. The book also includes multi-layer Nirvana Bars, a recipe from one of the newer generations of the family.
Good Morning America: Pollan Family Citrus-Roasted Chicken with Grand Marnier Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 cup fresh Honey Tangerine Juice
- 1 tbsp whole-grain Mustard
- 1 tbsp light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 7 sprigs Thyme
- 10 cloves peeled Garlic
- 1 washed, sliced, seeded Honey Tangerine
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice (+1 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 3 tbsp Grand Marnier
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 sliced Red Onion
- 8 pieces Chicken (about 4 lb)
- 1 washed, sliced, seeded Lemon
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (+ 2 tbsp)
- Salt & Pepper
Pollan Family: Good Morning America Citrus-Roasted Chicken with Grand Marnier Recipe Directions
- Create a marinade. Mix 1/4 cup oil with lemon juice and tangerine juice. Add wine, Grand Marnier, paprika, onion, mustard, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, 2 sprigs thyme, salt and pepper.
- Put chicken in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Be sure to coat completely and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- Remove chicken from the fridge one hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven at 450 F.
- Drain chicken in a colander over a bowl, reserving marinade plus onion and thyme.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Pour marinade with reserved onion and thyme into a baking sheet with a rim.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil on medium high in a skillet.
- Place half the chicken, skin side down, in the skillet; turn heat down to medium.
- Cook four or five minutes to form a crust.
- Transfer chicken to the baking sheet and turn off heat, letting the skillet cool for a minute.
- Wipe the skillet clean. Add oil and repeat steps to brown the rest of the chicken.
- After skillet rests again, add garlic to the remaining oil and cook on medium for three minutes, flipping halfway.
- Add garlic to chicken baking sheet.
- Mix sliced lemon and tangerine among the chicken pieces.
- Top with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked at an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Take the sheet tray out of the oven and turn the temperature to broil.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter, leaving everything else on the tray.
- Return the tray to the oven and broil for around four minutes, letting citrus caramelize.
- Arrange broiled citrus and garlic on the chicken platter and garnish with thyme.
- Pour baking liquid into a saucepan on medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce to low and simmer to reduce for about nine minutes.
- Serve chicken warm with sauce on the side.