GMA: Laurent Tourondel Elvis French Toast With Nutella And Rum Recipe
Laurent Tourondel, a partner and chef at the Arlington Club Steakhouse on the Upper East Side of New York City came by Good Morning America to show off his Elvis French Toast Sandwich. Laurent Tourondel said the restaurant is great and everyone should check it out.
Good Morning America French Toast Ingredients
For The French Toast Base:
- 2¼ cups heavy cream
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cups sugar
- 3 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks
- 2 ½ tablespoons orange blossom water
- 2 ½ tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons dried orange zest
For The Rest Of The Dish
- Brioche Pullman Loaf, cut into 12, ½-inch thick slices
- 1 ½ cup Nutella
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cup clarified butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup Myers Rum
- Confectionary sugar, for garnish
Laurent Tourondel French Toast Directions
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the French toast base in a bowl until fully combined.
- Place 6 slices of biorche on a baking sheet. Spread 4 tablespoons of nutella on each slice and completely cover with sliced banana. Top each piece with the remaining brioche to form the sandwich.
- Coat each side of the sandwich with the French toast base for about 5 seconds and then place on a dripping rack.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat and coat the bottom of the pan with 1/4 of clarified butter. Then, sprinkle sugar into the pan, enough to cover the bottom. Allow the sugar to cook until it’s fully incorporated with the butter.
- Place sandwiches in one even layer into the pan, making sure to keep moving them to keep them from burning. Cook about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown in color.
- Once the sandwiches are ready, carefully flambé with 2 tablespoons of rum.
- Repeat until all sandwiches are finished and garnish them with confectioner’s sugar.