GMA: Gwyneth Paltrow New Cookbook It’s All Good
Gwyneth Paltrow came by Good Morning America April 10 2013 to talk about her new cookbook, It’s All Good. The cookbook focuses on eating healthy. Gwyneth Paltrow said she was stressed out and traveling and working a lot. She said that her body wasn’t handling it well. She eliminated soy, corn, dairy, wheat, alcohol and coffee for three weeks. She said she felt amazing afterwards and got a lot of energy. The new book isn’t as restrictive as all of that, but it does focus on healthy food. She personally doesn’t eat red meat, but she does eat pretty much everything else. Her son is allergic to gluten, so the cookbook is gluten-free. She added that she tried not to focus on it being gluten-free, and it still has homey food like meatballs and hamburgers.
Liz Vargas asked her about media claims that she’s been giving her kid a weird diet and that the diet is really expensive to follow. Paltrow laughed and said, “There’s a lot of inches of column that people need to fill, so a lot of times they just try to get attention and say things that aren’t true unfortunately.” I agree, Gwyneth Paltrow! This totally explains why Amanda Bynes keeps Tweeting about suing everyone.
Anyway, she went on to say that while a jar of raw honey may cost $25, it also lasts for two years. The diet looks expensive, but it’s actually not. She didn’t point this out, but the diet also looked delicious.
GMA: Gwyneth Paltrow & Demi Lovato
Josh Elliott, Liz Vargas, Lara Spencer and Demi Lovato all came over to enjoy this meal. Demi Lovato revealed that she and Gwyneth Paltrow were big friends and that she’s even releasing her new album on Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter Apple’s birthday. Apple is a huge fan of Demi Lovato. Demi Lovato was also way shorter than everyone, which was weird. Couldn’t they at least have had notoriously short George Stephanopoulos come over and stand by her?
Both Demi Lovato and Gwyneth Paltrow are delightful. They seem like the nicest people ever. Gwyneth Paltrow was the only reason I ever watched that Glee show, because her character was so awesome. And her mash-up with Mr. Shu combining “Singing In the Rain” and “Umbrella” was amazing.
GMA: Gwyneth Paltrow Chicken and White Bean Chili
Back to the food, this meal looked amazing and healthy, a rare combination.
Gwyneth Paltrow Chicken and White Bean Chili Ingredients:
- 3 chicken breasts on the bone with their skin (or 1 whole 3- to 4-pound chicken, cut up), at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small yellow onions, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and stem discarded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet pimentón
- A 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes with their juice
- A 14-ounce can cannellini or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- Toppings (choose 1 or more): cilantro, lime wedges, finely diced red onion, hot sauce, plain sheep’s or goat’s milk yogurt
Gwyneth Paltrow Chicken and White Bean Chili Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Rub chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of oil, salt and paper and place on parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Roast until firm and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Once chicken has cooled, remove bones and skin. Shred the meat and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, cumin, onions, chili powder, pementon and salt.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and another pinch of salt and turn up heat.
- Once the mixture is boiling, turn the heat to low and cook for a half hour.
- Break up the tomatoes with the spoon and add beans and the chicken to the pot, stirring to combine.
- Add water if the chili is looking dry and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add whatever toppings you’d like.