Good Morning America: Deliciously Inspired Pies
GMA superfan Kristen Abbott brought her baking talents to New York City, where she shared pie recipes inspired by the Good Morning America team. She made Corn Flakes Pie for Amy Robach and Chocolate Chip Brownie Pie for Michael Strahan.
Good Morning America: Amy Robach Butterscotch Corn Flakes Pie Recipe Ingredients
Kristen Abbott’s pie for Amy worked in Corn Flakes, a nod to her Michigan heritage.
- 1 Pie Crust in a foil pan
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 cups Corn Flakes cereal (generic is fine)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Sea Salt
- Vanilla Ice Cream (for serving)
Good Morning America: Amy Robach Butterscotch Corn Flakes Pie Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and thaw the pie crust, if it’s frozen.
- Melt butter on medium high in a large saucepan. Stir in cream and brown sugar, whisking constantly for one minute. Take off heat and add vanilla.
- In a heatproof bowl, stir flour with egg yolks. Slowly add 1 cup of butterscotch mixture to the bowl, stirring so it is completely mixed in.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and spread a layer of corn flakes over this.
- Pour the rest of the butterscotch mixture over the corn flakes and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Let rest 45 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Good Morning America: Michael Strahan Chocolate Chip Brownie Pie Recipe Ingredients
Kristen Abbott also made a dessert with Michael Strahan in mind. His pie combined some of his favorite desserts, brownies and chocolate chip cookies.
- 3 oz unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Flour
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup soft Salted Butter
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
Good Morning America: Michael Strahan Chocolate Chip Brownie Pie Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven at 325 F.
- Prepare a deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Make the brownie layer. Melt baking chocolate and butter on medium high in a saucepan.
- Take off heat and transfer to a heatproof bowl. Work in sugar, eggs, flour, and vanilla.
- Spread this mixture into the pie pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, flour, butter, brown sugar, and chocolate chips for the cookie layer.
- Pour this over the brownie batter in the pie pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes.
- Let rest about 20-30 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream.