Good Morning America: Frankenfood Mash Ups
Buzzfeed and GMA have teamed for a series of inventive food combinations that have included breakfast menu options, BBQ meals, and now desserts. Rachel Sanders shared her Salty S’moresicles with the crowd.
Good Morning America: Buzzfeed Salty S’moresicles Recipe Ingredients
I love a combination of sweet and salty, and I might just have to give this a try! What do you think?
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream (barely softened in the refrigerator)
- 4 oz Milk Chocolate (or use Chocolate Chips)
- 2 Graham Crackers
- 3 oz Mini Marshmallows
- 2 tbsp refined Coconut Oil
- 10 Mini Pretzel Twists
- Dixie Cups (or use Popsicle Molds)
- Popsicle Sticks
Buzzfeed: Good Morning America Salty S’moresicles Recipe Directions
- Turn on the broiler (or preheat the oven on high).
- Spread marshmallows on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil or bake marshmallows for 30-45 seconds, long enough to become puffy and golden brown.
- Mix ice cream in a blender or food processor with marshmallows. (Alternately, mix in a bowl using an immersion blender.)
- Pulse to mix and break up marshmallow chunks.
- For popsicle molds, line with plastic wrap before filling.
- For Dixie cups or molds, divide mixture evenly among each cup.
- Insert popsicle sticks in the center. If they don’t freeze, let the ice cream firm up in the freezer for 45 minutes and try again to insert the sticks.
- Freeze for a minimum of six hours. They should be solid.
- Microwave chocolate and coconut oil in a mug or heatproof glass (something with a wide opening for dipping).
- Stir every 30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth and has completely melted.
- Let chocolate cool to room temperature.
- Crush graham crackers and pretzels into crumbs and arrange them in a shallow dish.
- Microwave chocolate sauce if it needs to be melted again.
- Remove pops one at a time from plastic wrap/mold or Dixie cups.
- Dip in chocolate and swirl for an even coating.
- Roll immediately in the graham cracker/pretzel crumbs.
- Eat immediately or freeze for later serving.