Good Morning America: Sam Gordon Football Star
A recent viral video has catapulted 9-year-old Sam Gordon into a pretty famous football player. After videos of her amazing touchdown feats debuted online, she has had the chance to meet Warren Sapp and throw around the football with the San Francisco 49ers. Good Morning America even surprised her by showing Gordon her own face on a Wheaties box for the first time. And you can go pick one up at the grocery store.
Josh Elliott asked her about other sports and she said she really likes to play soccer and wants to represent America in the Olympics one day.
Good Morning America: Cowboy Pie by Elizabeth Karmel
Good Morning America wanted to satisfy their sweet tooth and invited Elizabeth Karmel on the set to show them how to make a sugary sweet dessert pie called cowboy pie. Karmel said the pie is best made in small 3-inch pie cups, but it you would like to make a 9-inch pie, cut the slices thin. This pie is going to be very rich.
And remember these pies can be made with any type of candy bar you like, from peanut flavored to chocolate flavored to the kinds with wafers inside them. Use whatever candy you like.
Cowboy Pie Recipe on Good Morning America
Get the recipe for the cowboy pie below.
- Prepared pie shells in either 3-inch or 9-inch. Can be graham cracker, Oreo cookie, shortbread or pre-baked regular crust
- 2 cups favorite chocolate chunks, morsels or pieces.
- 1 cup favorite alternative morsel or chunk, such as toffee, peanut butter, caramel, butterscotch, etc.
- 1 cup favorite candy
- 11/2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups favorite nuts
- 1-2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk or 1 can and
- 1 cup dulce de leche or favorite caramel sauce, depending on how dry the mixture is